Wednesday 30 September 2020

My glittering Upcycled Tawa ๐Ÿคฉ

Hello Hello everyone ๐Ÿ˜

This morning I was about to discard 2 tawas and at the very same moment I thought of making them immortal ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. And here it is...my eye candy ๐Ÿญ

I will be hanging it my dining area. Yayyy!!


These are the supplies I had used in this project.
1. Home Decor Chalk paint - summer porch
2. Mod Podge - Satin
3. Lindy's spray - Moon Shadow Mist
4. Lindy's Flat n Fabio - Merci beaucoup
5. Ranger Archival Inks for flowers and leaves- Leaf green, Paradise Teal, Garden Patina, Shadow Grey and Cobalt
6. Flora Craft - Diamond Dust
7. Paper strings - yellow
8. Transfer me sheet - DMC
9. Silver pollen from a local stationery
10. Wild Asters - stamp and die set

Ok so here is the process-
Sponge dab chalk paint on the tawa and leave it to air dry. Then add the transfer me sheet design as per your choice. I used the one came with my last order free from Crafterscorner. Yayyy! 
Ok then add a layer of mod podge satin and sprinkle the diamond dust. Aahh so glittery ๐Ÿคฉ. But I wanted to keep the base textured but subtle, so I added another layer of mod podge satin to bring down the glitter. Then comes the fun part my Lindy's sprays.... Add the sprays let them flow. Let the gravity do its job ๐Ÿ˜.
Next is to add my glittering flowers, leaves n strings. 
I have used stamps and dies - 
๐Ÿ’•Wild Asters - Heartfelt Creations๐Ÿ’•
I always keep them ready in some colors as this is my favourite flower๐Ÿคฉ.

All done ๐Ÿ˜ from junk to jewel. So happy to give it a new life. On the job to make the next one ๐Ÿ˜Š




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooden box for deck of cards

Omg !! Posting after so long... I made this playing cards Wooden box for deck of cards Check out the beautiful mixed media proje...