Wednesday 4 December 2019

A Product Challenge and Upcycle Project

Hello Everyone!

So today I have created a fun project! Actually there is a product challenge going on. And the product to be used is RIBBON.

What a coincidence I found a fused LED bulb. So thought of combining both the projects. As it was an up-cycle project too, so I thought of using just the leftover crafty elements from my stash.

Christmas is just around the corner so, I thought of making a Christmas Ornament.

Link to the YouTube Video
https://youtu.be/czNKW-Tq_vg



Material Used - 
1. Fused Bulb
2. Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays - Scintillating Silver 
                                                  - Silent Night Silver
                                                  - Gossamer Gold
3. Immix Sprinkle Glitz
4. Aurora Up Close - Ribbons from Disney - 1" width
5. Pretty Princess - Ribbons from Disney - used as filler ribbons - 5/8" width
6. Paper Flowers - From my previous projects - Most of them are from Heartfelt Creations and Altenew



Steps to make :
1. Firstly, I colored the bulb with white acrylic color. Just dabbed with a sponge. Till this point I was not really sure what exactly will I make. Just went with the flow. Base coat always a good choice, this is what I have learnt.


2. Then I let it dry and sprayed it with Lindy's Sprays. Tip here is to keep the object you need to spray in a waste carton n then spray. 'coz it has happened with me earlier that I was trying to spray and OMG it went on my wall..LOLsss.. And these are permanent sprays, so imagine the cleaning process!!

3. Next is to dab some glue with sponge on upper half of the bulb and sprinkle some Immix Sprinkle Glitz. Such beautiful effect you get from this. 

4. Place the bulb on a coffee mug so that it doesn't move. We will be adding the ribbons now. I have cut the princess motif ribbon as per the design repeat and in case you are using a plain ribbon then just cut double the length of bulb. You would need 8 ribbons add this too depend upon the size on the circumference of the bulb. 


5. Next I have used the Pretty Princess ribbons as fillers. These I have cut to 5".


6. I had some leftover flowers from my previous projects. So thought of using them in this project.

7. Added a brown embroidery thread for hanging.

 Thats the Final look. 

Signing off for now. :)

Creative Caddy by Shikha Chander

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooden box for deck of cards

Omg !! Posting after so long... I made this playing cards Wooden box for deck of cards Check out the beautiful mixed media proje...